Thursday, September 04, 2008

Shift!

Why did I give up on gold today? I finally gave up because the market was down on weak economic reports in employment and retail sales.

But the dollar was up.

Why would the dollar be up on US economic weakness? Because the weakness has spread to the rest of the world. Enough people now think this will continue to spread. But with US economic weakness and the dollar continuing to spread, I gave up on gold. It's funny, I don't feel bad about taking a loss. What drives me crazy is not knowing what to do. Now I'm out. Great, now I can move on and find another opportunity.

This market behavior signals a shift. Today, the decline in oil and commodities did not raise financials. Instead, everything was down. With this breakdown from down commodities/up financials, to everything dropping, it's time to start looking to take a profit or two. I will also be watching for commodity bouncebacks to short.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home