Thursday, August 31, 2006

thoughs and updates....

The second quarter GDP revision was released earlier this week. It was revised upward from 2.5% to 2.9%. Core inflation was at 2.8%. This confirms my suspicions that inflation is now higher than GDP growth.

Practice account update: Shorted Goldman Sachs (GS) (12% off yearly highs) on the rational that the tightening of easy credit that simultaneously provided business and margins is over. Also bought Wellstone (WFLT.OB) again at $0.90. They seem to be expanding their sales base with many more locations selling the brand.

I've been unhappy with my decisions and performance the past two months. I made a big mistake shorting Dow futures. I missed buying Frontline (FRO) at $29.50 and selling at $44.00. Two of my shorts, Escala (ESCL) and Vonage (VG) started out well, but then turned against me recently.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home