Thursday, April 30, 2009

Where is the Buying Coming From?

Today's headlines:

- Chrystler will declare bankruptcy
- Consumer spending drops 0.2% in March
- Kodak posts loss, suspends dividend
- Dow Chemical earnings down 97%
- ExxonMobil profit down
- Procter and Gamble profit down

DJIA up 98.

Where's the buying coming from? Maybe the sideline cash Russ Winter was talking about. Other than that, I don't know. I'll admit the numbers out of China, Taiwan, and Japan have started climbing back, which has surprised me. But I need to figure out what's going on here.

Or maybe it's about the dollar devaluation that occurred when Ben decided to print. Devalue the dollar and stocks go up. Sometimes. Maybe. At least that's what happened after the 1987 crash. Maybe what's throwing me off here is that I tried to bottom-fish too early, after the November 20th lows last year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home