Wednesday, October 08, 2008

What Do You Do

What do you do when you don't know what to do? The future is too uncertain to make any firm predictions short-term. However, I still think I have a pretty good picture of the longer-term landscape. The coming theme will be, surprise, surprise, Deflation!

Starting with this theme, I will try to sell out of any bounces and hold onto my shorts for the short-term. If we get a 1987-style crash where the bid-ask spreads gap out, I will try to pick up some names cheap. I am partial towards companies that will benefit from a strong dollar and commodity inflation. I also like OZN at these levels, but I don't want to go over 50% exposure. If my exposure drops below that, I'll find something to buy. General Cable or WalMart or something.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home