Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Everything Breaking Down Again

We are now in Day 6 of the unrelenting stock market drop. Part of me is looking out there and saying, "Look at all the unwinds that are occurring. I need to sell." And the other part is saying, "When people are unwinding, I need to buy." The VIX is at 57.

The problem I have is that I have no idea where we are in this unwind. However, it looks more and more clear to me that there won't be much of a bounceback in the deflation that we appear headed into.

I should have bought more of those Treasury bonds:
Oct. 8 (Bloomberg) -- The U.S. Treasury said it will sell more debt to meet demand for government securities and alleviate ``protracted shortages,'' said Karthik Ramanathan, the department's head of debt management.

One strategy I was thinking of the other day would be to short the safest stocks out there: WMT, JNJ, MCD, K. If the market crashes, they will fall too. If the market recovers, the upside is limited.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home