Thursday, June 26, 2008

What a Busy Day!

Mish: Vietnam world's biggest importer of gold bars on inflation fears. Instead of stopping the money printing, the government is now banning the importation of gold. One more reason to buy. However, if I was holding bullion, I'd hold it in Switzerland. The next thing the government will do is confiscate it.

AMZN - I'm thinking of covering my short position at a small loss after listening to Jeff Bezos being interviewed on NPR last night. The guy is brilliant. He was questioned abou how Amazon would respond to increased shipping charges from high oil prices. Jeff eloquently explained that high gas prices help, not hurt Amazon. It's so expensive to drive that often it's cheaper to ship something small, which is their business anyway. But their P/E's still at 65... I will hold them for now, but as soon as I find something I like more, I will close this one out, even if it's at a loss.

Trade: OZN - more gold exposure. OZN has fallen to only 2.5% of my portfolio and I still think it's a good company, so I bumped that up to 3.5%.

Obama says we need more stimulus checks. WOW! I guess that's what he means by CHANGE! I guess he's so impressed with how the previous ones worked... There goes the dollar.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home