Tuesday, June 12, 2007

getting killed hanging in here.....

Fortunately, tomorrow the May retail numbers come out. They should give me an indication about whether the economy has continued weakening from the first quarter. If so, I'll stick to my guns, if not, I'll have to cut back a couple of positions and add a short.

I will try to add some options. The iShares Lehman 7-10 Year Treasury (IEF) December $83 calls are only at $0.20. That's dirt cheap. The 10-yr would only have to swing back to about 4.7% to make that profitable. However, volume is pitifully thin on it and I'm not sure I can get it.

In the meantime, while I'm deciding to stick out the market's rising rate jitters, I should look for an option to hedge. Maybe I'll buy a short-term IEF call and a longer-term put. Don't know yet, but I'll put it up here when I make a decision.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home