Friday, August 11, 2006

PCU looks like a buy

The Motley Fool has suggested that Southern Copper (PCU) is a buy under $90. Any time a company with good earnings potential has a dividend yield higher than its P/E, it's got to be a buy. People are still worried about the future of commodities, but I think the odds are that they will go higher rather than lower. In addition, I think that if they go higher they will go much higher; if they go lower, they will only slow moderately. The NYMEX futures market takes the second view. Copper prices are still over $3.00 in July 2008. Technical analysis is kind of ambiguous.

In my practice account, I think I will cut back or close my short position on IDT (why short IDT when you can short Vonage (VG)? Depending on how tight my margins are, I will look to buy Southern Copper.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home